in a brown study – A state of deep contemplation or rumination, as of a reverie, daydream, or meditation. It originally meant a melancholic or depressed mood or state (dating from at least the 1500s), but has since largely lost that association.The Free Dictionary
Back in the day, the color brown was associated with being melancholy, much like the color blue is today. And while my list making posts aren’t always on the depressing side, I think “In A Brown Study” is a cheeky nod to this idiom and my Dark Academia aesthetic.
1. “Oh my god, am I Pillow Princess?”
2. I only have one Dr. Pepper left. And one chocolate. I start my period soon and I need to stock up on those immediately.
3. Thinking about the difference between physical attraction and sexual attraction, also sensuality and sexuality, from my own asexual perspective. Hopefully I’ll find the words to write a full post about this soon.
4. I. Loathe. Spring. Pastel. Palettes. Where are my Spooky Spring Season clothes please?!
5. BlackBonnet/GentleBeard. That’s literally all I can think about and still an too anxious to watch the full show until the second season is confirmed because I’m already emotional about the ending.
6. Florals and Theys.
7. I have nibling fever so bad today. Just wanted to hug all my babies please.
8. Archiving, not deleting.
9. Currently on season 17 of Midsomer Murders. Not sure what show to watch after I finish it. Probably rewatch Murder, She Wrote again, to be honest. Oh, but also need to finish the first season of Only Murders in the Building.
10. Will I go to bed at a reasonable time tonight? All signs point to “hah, you wish”.