in a brown study – A state of deep contemplation or rumination, as of a reverie, daydream, or meditation. It originally meant a melancholic or depressed mood or state (dating from at least the 1500s), but has since largely lost that association.The Free Dictionary
Back in the day, the color brown was associated with being melancholy, much like the color blue is today. And while my list making posts aren’t always on the depressing side, I think “In A Brown Study” is a cheeky nod to this idiom and my Dark Academia aesthetic.
1. Currently on day thirty one of my cycle, normally they are twenty eight or twenty nine days. I hate when it gets like this. I always feel pent up with too much energy, never knowing where to put it. Probably going to just do a lot of cleaning.
2. It’s almost two in the afternoon, and I still haven’t eaten yet. Ooops.
3. I always forget that Aries season is a huge burst of energy for me. Hello, Aries Rising. Five more days! Also, it makes me want to live in athletic wear. Gotta harness that warrior energy, yes?
4. Keep smelling spoiled milk and I have to say I’m not a fan.
5. Need to update those soon. It’s driving me bonkers.
6. To Substack or not to Substack? I wouldn’t do a paid subscription thing, I just honestly love the way it’s set up.
7. Having the urge to tear everything down again so I can set it up the way I want to. But what are the odds that I will have the energy to set up again after tearing it all down?
8. Damn, I added too much honey.
9. Finally moved that damn thing to the garage! Now I have more space.
10. Must. Stop. Trying. To. Be. Everything.